Attempting to capture this picture is always a must!
It had been 8 weeks since my last Texas visit and 6 weeks since I last saw my parents… it was time for a fix. To add icing to the cake, I was invited to my dear friend, Meagan’s first bridal shower, which meant I would also get to see my best high school pals.
Come to find out, Dad was headed to meet my brother, Fen (who lives in Houston) in San Antonio to ride bikes. And by bikes, I mean motorcycles. Dad’s a Harley Davidson guy and Fen is a Crotch Rocket guy – his latest bike is a Ducati.
So, it was a girl’s weekend for me and Mom!
For the love of scarves. As you may have seen in my Instagram post, it’s obvious that Momma Swann and I have a love for scarves. Mom and I went to Target and to lunch at La Madeline before the Bridal shower, two places I'll never say no to.
Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft // Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft // Jacket: Target //
Scarf: Max & Olivia's on Facebook // Shoes: J.Crew Factory // Bag: Louis Vuitton //
Phone Case: J.Crew // Jewels: David Yurman
Scarf: Max & Olivia's on Facebook // Shoes: J.Crew Factory // Bag: Louis Vuitton //
Phone Case: J.Crew // Jewels: David Yurman
Swann for life. My last name may not be Swann anymore, but ever since I changed my name to McDaniel I've been drawn to anything with a swan. So, when I found this Fossil Swan Print Dress, I had to have it. I was saving the dress for something and because it was a cold, spring day it seemed fitting to pair with a jacket and boots and wear to Meagan's shower.
Dress: Fossil // Blazer: Lauren Conrad at Kohl's // Belt: Banana Republic Outlet //
Boots: Vince Camuto at Dillard's // Lips: Laura Mercier - Mango // Jewels: David Yurman
The JLMS. That's what Jene, Meagan, Lauren and I have called our little group since high school. It's hard to believe it's been 10+ years that we've been friends. And even harder to believe we've manageed to stay connected as we've went our different directrions, "grown up" and gotten married (or soon to be in Meagan's case)!
Jene, Meagan, Lauren and I at Meagan's Bridal Shower
Love Texas Shopping. Momma Swann and I went out and about Saturday after the shower and I scored a few bargains. Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, World Market, Horchow Outlet are a few of my favorite Plano haunts.
My favorite weekend find was this mint peplum top from Nordstrom Rack for just $18.95!
Girl's Night. After dinner at Campisi's with Momma Swann, I met the JLMS at Mercy Wine Bar in Addison. We didn't plan it, but you'll notice the polka-dot and stripe theme with our outfits. I love it, great minds think alike.
Blazer: Anthropologie // Shirt: Ann Taylor Loft // Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft //
Necklaces: Moon & Lola Monogram and Anthropologie
I had such a great weekend in Texas. Sometimes seeing your Momma and best friends is just what a girl needs.







No comments:
Post a Comment