One day last week, I walked past our bare front door and thought to myself, "we need to hang a wreath." Because one project (the Master Bedroom project) wasn't enough, I walked into our guest bedroom/craft room, opened the closet and saw all sorts of things I could use to make a wreath - foam wreath form, paper mache "M", scrap fabrics and ribbon.
One of the scrap fabrics I found was a chevron and it reminded me of a ruffled, chevron fabric wreath I had pinned not too long ago. The source took me to the Hip2Thrift blog for the Chevron Wreath Tutorial.
Following the tutorial, I started out by wrapping my foam wreath with burlap, using a hot glue gun to secure.
Then, I busted out the 1970's sewing machine that was a gift to my mother from her mother (my Nina) that is now mine. This was the first time I put it to use and I must admit, I'm a little rusty with a sewing machine, thankfully it was still threaded.
Once the sewing was complete, I glued the ruffled chevron fabric to the wreath.
Because I had Spring Wreath in mind, I wanted my wreath to have more than just one fabric, texture or color scheme and thought it should be whimsical. I painted the paper mache "M" Mackenzie-Childs-like because it's a staple in our home.






No comments:
Post a Comment